Saturday, June 10, 2006

30 Weeks!


Mr. Mustard took this picture of me outside our apartment to mark the 30th week! 10 weeks left until my due date- time is really flying! I was so burned out on studying this morning that I decided to get out of the house for a little bit. We decided to go see Cars, but when we got to the movie theater, it was packed with little kids and their parents who were going to see it, so we opted for the less popular X-Men 3. Of course, Mr. Mustard had already seen it, but he said he didn't mind seeing it again. I thought it was pretty good. The baby loved it, I think. She was very active during the movie, especially during the exciting bits with lots of music.

One of my goals for this week is to get back on a normal sleep schedule. I have not been able to get to sleep, so every night I end up falling asleep around 3:30 a.m. Then, I wake up every half hour to an hour to go to the bathroom. All of this is not good- especially since the Bar starts at 8 a.m., and I have been getting up around 10 every morning (due to going to bed so late). I think I was just made to stay up late, and so it's very natural for me to be awake in the middle of the night.

I've thought about just staying up all night, not going to sleep, and then trying to fall asleep early the next night to re-set my internal clock. That's what I usually do when this sort of thing happens, but being pregnant, I don't want to exhaust myself too much. All the traditional remedies don't work for me (relaxation tapes, tea, milk before bed, white noise makers, etc.)- trust me, I've tried them all multiple times! Things should be easier with Mr. Mustard going back to work on Monday, since he has to be there by 9, so I'll start getting up with him around 7:30 or 8-- which hopefully will do the trick to get me on an earlier schedule.

Well, it's back to studying for me now. It was nice to get out and have a short break from it by going to the movie!

No comments: