Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stuck in the Middle With You!

2-29-12-10-600


There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead;
And when she was good,
She was very, very good
But when she was bad she was horrid.

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Ginger is now two years, eight months old! I think that poem sums her up pretty well! ;-) She loves her sisters so much. When she is happy, she is such a dream. But, being two years old, her mood can turn on a dime and then watch out!

The past few months have been such a time of transition for her. She wants to be a grown up girl, but she is still very much a baby. She misses her daddy a lot - he finishes his work out of town this week (for the time being), which will make Ginger so happy. She hasn't seen him much since Christmas! Daddy's coming home - time to party!

She also needs me more than ever. It feels like when I gave birth to Violet, I also gave birth to a middle child! ;-) So I have been heaping lots of extra special attention on her. Her love languages seem to be gifts and quality time...so every day I make sure she gets a litte something special and gets lots of extra cuddles to make her smile. She's also taken to sleeping with me - I know it's not forever and it makes her so happy (or rather, it makes her not unhappy! Ha!)

In general, I am just trying to be patient and kind during the inevitable roller coaster of the Two's! Most days I am happy if she wears clothes or shoes...but more days than not, you'll find her just wearing her diaper and being carried around on my back in the Ergo. With Violet on my front in the Baby Bjorn, I am sure we are quite a sight. What can I say, sometimes life with a two year old is simply survival! :-)

Pin It

2 comments:

FourJedis said...

She's so cute, and so reminds me of C. SOOOOOO much. I love that poem. I feel like my parents thought that of me... and yes, I am the middle of 3 girls. I don't know what it's like to have a 3rd, but certainly can imagine what you're going through.

It's so hard sometimes when you all you want to do is to shut a door, pull your hair out and scream, when the *right* thing to do is just get down on your knees to be eye level and give them a hug and tell them you know it's hard, but it's going to be ok. G is only gone weekdays but C counts down.

For what it's worth, everyone east of the Mississippi has seen C's junk.

Unknown said...

I have been in survival mode this week with my two year old as well...this is exactly what I needed-someone to relate to! My two year old knows the power of "no", smiles when she does something she knows she shouldn't, and has begun pushing her 11 month old sister over! There are moments when I am not totally sure of what to do except love the heck out of her and hope this phase passes quickly!

http://definin9me.blogspot.com/