Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Little Bunny Foo Foo!

First, thank you for all the sweet comments and emails about my last post. I am glad to know that quite a few of you understand where I am coming from. I know I do owe quite a few of you emails back...and I will get to it! It just really meant a lot that you reached out to me. It's nice hearing how others have the same struggles and that these things I build up in my head are just regular mommy worries that everyone has!

3-12-12-10-800


This post is going to be a little all over the place. I feel like we've been going a million miles a minute and no time to catch up. I am sure you can all relate! ;-)

One thing I wanted to mention is that we sent Daisy off to Doggie Bootcamp a few weeks back to learn some manners, because she was driving me (and the kids, especially!) insane. It was when Mr. M was working out of town on that movie in Santa Barbara, so the timing was great. Daisy is back now from Bootcamp, so I can give the full report.

I have to say that when she went to Bootcamp, I really didn't care if she ever came back. Like, at all. She was really annoying to me, and I don't like saying that, but it's true. She was kind of a behavior nightmare, and it was a lot for all of us to handle.

She was there three weeks, and I was so grateful for every day she was gone. Ha! She came back totally different than when she left home and is now a little lady. We are keeping up her training, and she is so much easier to live with. I have to say, I've kinda fallen in love with her, and I know the kids have, too. Now she is really like a member of the family!

(From my cellphone camera):

3-17-12-1-800


In other fun news, Paprika and Ginger really want to live on a farm. You would think that living nextdoor to the beach would be the end all be all for them (it is for me!)...and don't get me wrong, they love the beach. But, they also want to live on a farm. Paprika got this catalog in the mail for live chickens (you order the fertilized eggs or baby chicks and they send them to you) and it was like Christmas had come nine months early.

2-29-12-8-600


As strange as this may seem, she is so fond of the "magazine" (what she calls the catalog), that she's slept with it. She loves looking at all the different types of chickens. She really wants to get some chicks to hatch and keep as pets. But then, well, what would Daisy think about that?! I don't want to know!

2-15-12-8-800


Paprika is always dragging Ginger outside on adventures. On this particular night, they were taking apple seeds and planting them so they could have an apple orchard.

2-15-12-7-800


It's been two weeks since they planted, and all that's sprouting is clover...but we'll see. You never know! ;-)

3-12-12-2-800


Two year old Ginger loves to draw and paint. Paprika has always been so interested in art, and started drawing and painting practically from the time she was born. I didn't know if Ginger would be so into it, and we've never pushed it on her, but she loves to draw now more than anything. Wherever we go (even in the van!), she always has to have her paper and crayons with her. She is so proud of her work and hangs it up on the refrigerator, and says, "Mama, will you keep this picture forever and ever, please?"

3-12-12-4-800


They all kind of look like this...but I am saving them all, anyway! She has also started to draw faces, which is pretty great. I am going to have to photograph those for posterity, as well. She has a style all her own! And most importantly, she loves doing it.

3-12-12-3-800


Baby Violet is now four months old. Woah! We've started calling her Little Baby Foo-foo-ler. Kind of like Little Bunny Foo Foo hopping through the forest...

2-15-12-4-700


She is so alert and active all the time now. She really doesn't like sitting in her bouncy seat or her papasan chairs anymore. I think if she could take off running after her sisters, she would! We got out the exersaucer from the garage a few nights ago, and she loves that. She gets really frustrated because she wants to talk and crawl and walk and she can't yet. It's hard being a baby sometimes! But it's also pretty cute being a baby, too! ;-)

2-15-12-1-800



Pin It

1 comment:

FourJedis said...

They are so cute. You always manage to put a smile on my face when I read about your girls' adventures. They are so similar to my boys. I love the arts, and my boys do too (although, like you and Ginger, I suspected C would not like them, and he is totally getting into them). I hope their seeds sprout. So funny about the farm and the chicks. My sister and her kids really wanted some... so they got some... it lasted a few months and it was too much going on, they would escape, make messes, and just added a lot of chaos to her life (although secretly added amusement to mine). I'm so glad that Doggy Boot Camp paid off and Daisy is fitting right in now.