Saturday, March 31, 2012

Silver Lining!

3-29-12-1-600


Ginger has now been sick for over a week, and at least one person in our house has had some sort of bug for three weeks now. I took Ginger to the doctor on Tuesday. It had gotten to the point I was really starting to worry, and wanted to make sure that she was going to be okay. At that point, she wouldn't eat or drink anything and her fever was still pretty high even with Tylenol/Motrin. She had lost a few pounds, too...almost 10% of her body weight.

I always go to that "worst case scenario" in my head, and I know I shouldn't, but I just do. I told the pediatrician I was worried that Ginger was going to die. As in, really die. The pediatrician just laughed and told me that Ginger has a bad cold and an ear infection, nothing more. As I said, I get a little dramatic when my kids are sick. It's just easy to go there when bad things have happened (I'm referring to our twins), and you've been on the receiving end. You know?

3-24-12-20-800


The silver lining to all this sickness is the snuggles. Since Mr. M is working all the time now, and I am here with the kids on my own mostly, things have changed. Ginger has changed the most. She used to be the most confident girl, and only wanted to run away from me. She used to look me straight in the eyes and say, "Daddy is my favorite." Since Violet was born and Mr. M went back to work a lot, and with her being sick, she is my shadow and only wants me. Completely. Wherever I am, that's where Ginger wants to be.

She hasn't wanted to take naps for forever...literally her whole life. But, since she's been sick, she comes to wherever I am (usually nursing Violet), snuggles up next to me, and falls asleep. At nighttime, at naptime, it's the same. She's my little snuggler now, and while I miss her confident ways (I'm sure they'll be back), I am enjoying this time with my little snuggle buddy. She even lets me carry her everywhere, which just a few months ago was something she'd never consider!


3-24-12-11-800


Ginger has rounded a corner and is starting to feel better (thank goodness). I have been giving her antibiotics and tylenol, and it's something I really don't like doing because oh my word, she does not make it easy! I know other people have it worse, so I am not complaining. I just don't enjoy the task of giving my kids medicine because they fight it so hard and it makes me feel bad giving it to them... bad if I give it to them, bad if I don't! It's a no-win situation for me.

We are now on Spring Break, so hopefully we can get everyone feeling 100% and get out and do some fun things together this week. I know I am ready for a beach day, a trip to the Aquarium, or at least a fun picnic at the park! I know we have our backyard, which is shaping up to be better than any park, but it's still fun to get out in the big wide world and feel like a member of society. Haha.

3-24-12-12-600


And hopefully, my little Ginger Bear will be back to her old self shortly. I found this pic on my camera from a few weeks ago, and I thought to myself...oh, there she is! I can't wait to see her tearing apart the house again. Even if I miss out on my snuggles, I am looking forward to seeing my little girl's smiles again. :-)

Pin It

No comments: