Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving In Review!

11-30-10-1


I know I am a little late posting my Thanksgiving run-down! We went up to Santa Barbara for the weekend to stay with Mr. Mustard's mom, and what can I say...the days got away from me!

11-30-10-4


We decided to "do Thanksgiving" a day late- on Friday- so that we could drive up on Thursday. We missed a lot of traffic because we drove while everyone else was eating Thanksgiving dinner!

It was a great idea. We had a very leisurely time up in Santa Barbara. We got there on Thursday and stayed until Sunday night!

11-30-10-5


Paprika had a wonderful time. Ginger wanted to go home to her own bed and spent most of the weekend reminding us that she would have rather been at home! ;-) What can I say, she's 17 months old and isn't a fan of travel...yet!

11-30-10-6


The girls had a great time turing the house upside down each day! What's new, right?! :-)

11-30-10-9


On Friday and Saturday night, TBS showed "The Wizard of Oz" on TV, so we let the girls watch it...both nights. (They had never seen it before).

11-30-10-8


They were entranced! That movie never gets old.

11-30-10-7


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving feast. Pat outdid herself (as usual)! It was the 9th Thanksgiving I have spent at her house. It would be 10 Thanksgivings, but we missed 2005 when Mr. Mustard and I went to Paris for Thanksgiving.

11-30-10-2


We had a peaceful time up there, and missed out on all the Black Friday frenzy. I think we had a better time eating good food, laying around, going to the park, and catching up with old friends. Sales come and go, but memories last forever.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Good to know your toddler is like my toddler and doesn't sleep well anywhere other then her bed. At least our four year olds do well! Happy Holidays!