Monday, May 28, 2007

Indiana

It will be one week tomorrow since Paprika and I touched down in Indiana. We have been keeping ourselves very busy. Time has definitely been flying!

On Tuesday, Ann picked us up from the airport after our long, cramped flight from LAX. Paprika was a trooper on the plane and had everyone laughing. She is such a social baby. We stayed with Ann, Len, Benjamin, and Cameron from Tuesday until Friday. We had such an amazing time. We ate out a lot- at Don Pablo's, Puccini's, Penn Station (twice), and Steak 'n Shake. Wednesday morning we all went to watch Benjamin at his swim lesson. Then we took Paprika, Benjamin, and Cameron to the park. They had so much fun together. Thursday was Cameron's first birthday- we celebrated by getting Cameron and Paprika's portraits taken professionally. The pictures turned out great! Then, Ann and I took Cameron and Paprika out to dinner- they were so cute together at the restaurant. Later that night we had cake and ice cream for Cameron's birthday. Friday we went to lunch, then made the drive down to Indy to my mom's house.

Friday night we spent with my mom, Robbie, and Eric. Then Saturday Caroline had her big graduation party. It was SO much fun! I was amazed at how many people were there. Caroline is very loved- so many people came out to support her. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was great- it was just wonderful seeing everyone! I got to spend a lot of time talking with my grandma and grandpa, and they loved seeing their great-grandaughter, Paprika! We had a really great time at the party. After Caroline's party, my mom, Eric, Robbie, Paprika and I all went to dinner in Broad Ripple. It was a really nice night- we had a great time and then went for a walk on the Monon Trail together. It was Paprika's first trip to Broad Ripple- my old stomping grounds!


Sunday was the Ashmore Family Reunion up in Lebanon at Uncle Rob and Aunt Jackie's house. We spent the whole day up there and had lots and lots of fun. Aunt Jane and Aunt Peg drove all the way out from New Jersey for the festivities. It was so great to see them- it was Aunt Peg's first time meeting Paprika! I always love seeing Jane and Peg- they are so interesting to talk to and really fun to be around- I wish I saw them more often. It was great having everyone together. John just graduated from high school- I am so proud of him! Lilli is not far behind and is going to do amazing things with her life, I just know it! We got to talking about colleges and where she wants to go- she is so motivated, it is really great. It was great seeing Uncle Ed and Aunt Jeanette- they were raving over Paprika, which I love to hear! And, last but not least, I got to see my dad and Paprika got to spend most of the day sitting on her grandpa's lap. It was a lot of fun!

Today (Memorial Day), we went to Caroline's high school graduation. It was amazing- so many kids were graduating, and there was such enthusiasm in the air! Paprika and I went with my grandma, Laura, Kevin, Stephie, and Kevin's mom, Carol. I really enjoyed the ceremony- even though I ended up walking around for half of it. Paprika would not take a nap at all, so she was really really tired by the time the ceremony started. She dozed a little bit in my lap, but then woke up when the crowd started appluading. She did really well considering we were there about three hours, but I felt bad that we didn't stay for the whole graduation!

I will upload pictures when I get back to California- I'm not sure how to do it on this computer! So far, our trip has been so packed and we've seen and done so much. I got very very sick from the plane trip, and am just now starting to feel better. I nearly lost my voice for a few days, and was a hacking, coughing mess. I was absolutely miserable with it. I seem to be mostly over the cold now, although still not 100%. I was so mad that I caught that bug on the plane, since I never ever get sick! Argggh! I was praying that Paprika didn't catch it, and luckily (so far, knock on wood), she hasn't. She's a little tropper, despite me dragging her all over the state and completely ignoring her nap schedule. I love my little bundle of joy, and it seems that everyone else I meet does, too! She is a loved little baby and I feel so lucky to be her mommy and to be part of such an incredible family!

No comments: