Friday, May 11, 2007

First Cold

Well, it's been almost 9 months since Paprika was born and so far we've escaped without so much as a sniffle. But after hanging out with our neighbor's child a few days ago, Paprika has come down with her very first cold. She's been stuffy and coughy and has been rubbing her eyes a lot. I took her temperature yesterday and it was only 99.1, so nothing to be concerned about fever-wise. I feel really lucky because I know of so many babies who are constantly sick their first year of life. Here we are 3/4 of the way through Paprika's first year, and this is her first bout with anything. Mr. Mustard and I have also been battling sore throats for the past few days, so I hope that we don't get sick, too.

I have to say, it's not the most fun thing in the world taking care of a sick baby! She really hasn't seemed herself since this cold started. But, I think she's mostly through it and will be feeling better by tomorrow. She has her 9 month checkup on Wednesday with her new pediatrician, so I'll see what he has to say when he sees her. I'm betting she'll be long past this cold by then.

I'm not sure what we have planned for this weekend. It is Mother's Day, after all! I hope we spend some time outdoors, maybe going for a hike in the mountains near our house. That would be fun! Whatever we do, it will be great because we'll all be together!

No comments: