Sunday, June 3, 2007

More Indiana Fun

Whew- we have been busy this past week! On Tuesday, we spent the day with my dad up in Pendleton. We had so much fun hanging out at his place, going to lunch, and playing on the swings at the park.
That night, Paprika and I headed over to Laura and Kevin's house in Fishers for dinner. We had such a great time- Caroline and Stephie were there and it was so exciting to hear about everything they're up to these days. Caroline is getting ready for college and Stephie is busy with running, preparing to get her driver's license, and other fun teenage girl stuff. Here is Stephie and then Caroline holding Paprika:

Wednesday, Paprika and I spent the day with my grandparents. We had a great time at their house. It was a very relaxing day- we decided to stay close since we had been running around doing a million things each day. I wanted to get Paprika back on her nap schedule, since she had been missing all of her daily naps. She seemed really tired, so I thought a day of rest was in order. When we were at my grandparents' house, Paprika learned to sit up on her own for the very first time from a laying down position. I was so proud of her and so happy that my grandparents got to see that!

On Thursday, we spent the day with my dad and Robbie. We hung out by the lake, took the paddle boat out, went swimming, and then went to lunch at Don Pablo's. After that, we went for a hike at Holliday Park--which is where my dad used to take me when I was a baby.

Friday, my dad came over with his girlfriend, Nancy. We relaxed by the lake while Paprika had her morning nap. After Paprika woke up, my dad and I went over to my grandparents' house for lunch. We were there the whole afternoon. My grandma babyproofed her living room, so it was totally safe for Paprika to crawl around. My grandma and grandpa had a lot of my toys saved, and Paprika got to play with those! That was pretty neat.

Saturday, we stopped by Robbie's Little League game. He was pitching and struck out the other team. He is very talented. It was so hot outside, we were roasting! After that, Paprika and I drove up to Lafayette for Cameron's first birthday party. Ann did an amazing job with the party- it was a lot of fun! Ann's whole family was there, and it was great seeing her sister, Kari, her sister, Erika, who flew in from Virginia, as well as her dad and stepmom, Penny. I hadn't seen Ann's dad or Erika since Ann's wedding ten years ago! It's always so much fun seeing Ann's family- they make me feel like family!

This morning, Paprika, Robbie, and I went to church with my grandparents. It was a moving experience for me, since Mr. Mustard and I got married at their church! I remember it like it was yesterday, and that church holds a very special place in my heart. We stayed afterwards for coffee and cake, and got to meet a bunch of my grandparents' friends, which was great. Then my grandparents hosted a family cook-out for me and Paprika at their house. Laura, Kevin, Caroline, Stephie, Robbie, Eric, my mom, and of course, my grandparents were all there. Paprika learned how to stand up by holding onto the couch while we were at my grandparents house! It was the first time she's done that! So, that was exciting! Here are two pics of her standing up for the first time:

And here is a pic of my Aunt Laura holding Paprika:

Then we came home, Paprika napped, and then I took Robbie to his end-of-the season Soccer Team Party. After that, we came home, and had a big cookout by the lake. Then, Paprika said goodnight and goodbye to my mom, Eric, and Robbie for this trip! What a great trip it's been for us- and we hope to come back soon! :-)

No comments: