Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Up All Night!

Today I am 37 weeks, 3 days- which is pretty darn close! I am enjoying being pregnant still, but the physical discomforts are doing a good job of helping to keep the end in sight. Even so, I've managed to be somewhat productive.

Sunday, Mr. Mustard and I went to Babies R Us (BRU)- which is a baby superstore where you can buy just about anything "baby-related." The nearest one to us is in Van Nuys, which is about a 45 minute drive-- so not a trek to be taken lightly.

We went to BRU in search of a carseat, a crib, and other baby-related items. I think we bit off more than we could handle in one trip. After a frustrating time of looking at all the stuff and weighing the benefits of each- and nothing really working- we decided to leave without buying anything. No carseat, no crib, nada!

We got home and I realized that we have nowhere for the baby to sleep and no carseat- and time is running out.

So, today I went to BRU by myself and made some hard decisions...well, not too hard really. I picked out an infant carseat that will work just fine for the first 6 months to a year. We'll have to switch to a bigger carseat later, but initally this one will be great because it doubles as a carrier, so if the baby falls asleep in the car, then there's no need to wake her up when we take her out of the car...excellent.

I also got a bassinet- which will be great for the first 4 months- after that, we'll switch to a crib, but this buys us some time to figure out exactly which crib, which mattress, and all that other earth-shattering stuff. :-)

No comments: