Sunday, August 13, 2006

39 Weeks 1 Day

This weekend was pretty low-key. Mr. Mustard and I installed the car seat today, which was a good accomplishment. I had envisioned Mr. Mustard having to install it in the hospital parking garage- which is a smelly place that's about 125 degrees right now. So, it was good to get it done ahead of time. We went to Swinger's last night- one of our favorite diners and came home and watched "Failure to Launch." We also watched "Matchpoint"- which was better than I thought it would be. I'm not a huge Woody Allen fan, but it was a pretty good movie.

We're in a holding pattern right now- it's relaxing, actually. I really can't remember not being pregnant- it feels like I've always been this way. So, I guess you could say that I'm used to it now. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and should be getting an ultrasound to estimate fetal weight and size, etc. That is always exciting!

The Emmy's are next Saturday. I really want to go, but of course, we're playing it by ear. If I have the baby before next Saturday, then I definitely won't be going to the ceremony. I still really want Mr. Mustard to go, though- I don't think he should miss it for anything (unless I'm in the middle of labor). Everything is so up in the air, it's frustrating. I guess I'm a planner, and there's not a whole lot of planning that I can do when everything is contingent on the baby's arrival- and I have no idea when that will be! I guess you could say it's a good learning experience for me. :-)

No comments: