Thursday, August 22, 2013

Life and Pirate Ships...


Pirate ship in watercolor by Annika, age 7 :-)


Paprika just made this painting (above) an hour or so ago - using watercolors.  It's a pirate ship!  Do you remember the first pirate ship she painted?  I do!  ;-)

But, still my favorite is:  Rain on the Grass and The Universe!


She drew this lion a week or so ago in oil pastels:


Oil pastel lion portrait by Annika (age 6)


Hard at work "training" Daisy. #bestdogever

If she were going back to public school, she would be starting a week from today!  But as it is, we've been homeschooling since July 1st, and we're finding our rhythm.  A few days ago, I sent the letter to the school district and to Paprika's old school informing them that we are homeschooling - and I was freaked out!  Mr. M said it was like cutting the cord - haha - and now here we are.  It's been great - truly!

The above picture is Paprika "training" Daisy yesterday.  Paprika "trained" her for about an hour - and of course, Daisy already knew everything Paprika was teaching her - but Daisy played along.  She is the best dog - my word.  She is patient, loyal, loving, gentle, sweet, and incredibly smart.

But even though Daisy is all those wonderful things, she still annoys me because I have realized:  I am not a dog person!  

Yes, it's taken me this long to figure out this little fact - and I am sorry because I wish I were a dog person.  But, I'm not.  I like cats.  Too late!

But if you were to have a dog, Daisy is just about as perfect as one could be.  So, I should stop holding her "dog-ness" against her.  There's nothing she can do to make herself into a cat!


Swim time!

We've been making it to swim practice every day!  I have lined up activities for Paprika for the Fall, and she'll be doing swim team 4x/week, piano lessons 1x/week, and theatre 1x/week.  I was worried that was too much, but we'll see how it goes.  I don't want to overschedule but that the same time, I want to provide her with opportunities to do things and meet people.  It's a balance, I guess...

Ginger still wants nothing to do with any outside activities.  She just loves being wild and free and playing around the house and being with her family.  She is as loyal as they come!


8-16-13-1

I need to start photographing Ginger's artwork because it is incredible - she has a style all her own!  She rips up half of what she makes because she gets frustrated when it's not the exact way she wants it to look.  But on the rare time when it does meet her standards, I hang it up proudly around the house.  Our house is filled with Ginger's artwork.  She loves to draw people more than anything else.

upload




upload


Violet has been sleeping terribly - TERRIBLY!  So, I need to post these photos to remind myself that she DOES sleep sometimes.  ;-)


Hello, huge hands!



It's mostly a night-sleeping problem.  I am night weaning her because I only getting about 45 minutes sleep/night (because I am her pacifier!) - and well, I am ready to get some sleep.  As soon as I fall asleep at night, she wakes me up wanting to nurse.  Then I can't get back to sleep, and the minute I do, she wakes me up again to nurse.  It would be like someone tapping on your shoulder every 15 minutes when you're trying to sleep and then screaming at the top of their lungs if you don't let them keep tapping!  ;-)

Good times!

But she is so beautiful and sweet - I just love her.  Even if I never sleep again.  Haha.


upload



The End.


1 comment:

Laura said...

Crazy Crazy Day!! I love reading your blog Erika, I feel like I'm able to stay connected and keep up with what's going on in your life!! And a skunk, Yikes!!!! My favorite is P. at the park so upset about leaving the program she was learning on the computer!!