Sunday, February 17, 2013

Disney With Dalia!

2-12-13-14


Before the girls grow up and go away to college, I wanted to post about our last little day-trip to Disneyland...two weeks ago today! :-)


2-12-13-13


I never ever ever like to set foot in Disneyland on a weekend (too crowded for me) - but my friend, Dalia and her family were visiting from Austin, Texas...and it was the only day Mr. M had off work to go.  So, we threw caution to the wind and braved Disneyland on a weekend! 

Truthfully, the crowds weren't too bad - if you're going to brave Disneyland on a Sunday, then late January is just the right time of year to do that.  :-)

I met Dalia in my online mommy group back in 2005 (!!!!) when we were both pregnant with our first babies - so we have known each other for 7 years now.  Since that time, many new babies have been born.  In this picture she is 30 weeks pregnant with her fourth gorgeous child.  I was so impressed she walked all through Disneyland 30+ weeks pregnant (often carrying a toddler on her hip). 

It's funny because when we got Dalia's holiday card in the mail, Paprika and Ginger both thought Dalia was me and wondered why I was posing with a different family.  :-)

2-12-13-17


Anyhoo, it was a really fun day.  We rode lots of rides we never go on (not for any specific reason - I guess we just have our "standards").  So, we mixed things up, and the girls were so happy to try new things and make new friends.  :-)


2-12-13-16


Later in the day, we had a little downtime at the Animation Studio - and Ginger and Violet rode in the double stroller for the first time ever together.  Since then, it's become their "thing" - and it's making school drop off easier for me.  I am still doing the "double Ergo" from time to time, but I see that phase passing.  I am more than happy to push them both in the stroller - it is saving me from carrying 60 pounds of "baby" with me everywhere.  ;-)

2-12-13-12

Great day at Disney with great people!  I can't wait to see Dalia again - the only thing I wish is that we'd been able to visit longer.  Gives me something to look forward to in the future, I guess!  :-)


2-12-13-15







Ni Hao Yall

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool to spend time with a long time friend...and at the happiest place in Earth! How cool is that?! Love love love the Disney pics! Sweet memories being made! :)

siri said...

I'm so jealous you guys hung out!! It's fun looking at photos of two friends (and their families) I know. :)