Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Violet is 8 Months!

7-16-12-11-800


Baby Violet is now 8 months old. She is unstoppable. She is a fast crawler. She can crawl up on all fours, but prefers the army crawl because it is faster. If I leave the back door open, she will be halfway across the yard in thirty seconds.

She loves to get up on her knees and she is trying to climb stairs already. She can sit up on her own, but usually she only does that for a few seconds before she crawls off in search of the next thing.

Violet is a happy baby. She laughs easily and she is always smiling. When she sees a camera, she LIGHTS up. She knows when her picture is being taken, and she loves it. Ha!

7-16-12-8-800


She is starting to love people food. She has started eating applesauce and of course, loves hummus. I gave her a little ice cream the other day, and she went wild for that. I thought she might not tolerate it because dairy used to bother her so much, but she seemed fine! It is amazing what a few months will do...

Violet LOVES music. Probably more than any baby I've ever met. She is so happy when someone is singing to her. She tries to sing in her own little baby dolphin voice. She is mesmerized by music, and loves to bang out her own tunes on the piano.

She has definite musical tastes. I bought a few Mr. Rogers CDs to play in the car for the big girls, and let's just say Violet is not a fan of Fred Roger's singing voice. Haha! She likes Raffi okay. She still loves Adele. She loves Jack Johnson - I got the Curious George movie soundtrack for the car, and Paprika and Violet both love it. Ginger is not a fan of it. You can't please everyone - especially not with three kids! :-)

7-16-12-7-800


Wherever I go, Violet is right there beside me. She loves to sit in her highchair and watch me load/unload the dishwasher. She loves to just be where I am. If I am near, then everything is a-okay in her book. I can't tell you how grateful I am every day when I look at her smiling face. She is bliss to me.

7-2-12-7-800


We are always going here or there because the big girls have things to do, and we can't just sit home all day. So, Violet has learned quickly how to nap in the Ergo. She is taking two naps/day - one short one in the morning and one longer one (an hour or two) in the evening. She always falls asleep in the Ergo, and I will either carry her in the Ergo the whole time she's napping or sometimes I can sit down and hold her. I'll put on a movie or educational game for the big girls, and just ENJOY these moments with my sweet baby. These days go by quickly, this I know for sure.

7-2-12-5-800


So, I have learned not to sweat the small things in life with a baby. Violet goes to sleep at 11 at night, and that is okay with me. I think the number one thing I am learning as the years go by in my parenthood journey is to listen to my own intuition and not worry about what others think. Everyone has their own way of doing things, and we do, too. That is the beautiful thing about getting to raise your own family. :-)

Well, that's the eight month update for Violet. She is as sweet as she can be, and I feel so lucky and blessed to be her mama. I wish I could freeze time with her, because it is all going by way too quickly. But, that is life. I love her more than words can describe, and I think she knows it. :-)

6-26-12-7-800


Pin It

1 comment:

Allison said...

What an absolute doll! 8 month olds rule!