Monday, July 9, 2012

Down At The Schoolyard!

7-9-12-13-800


We've spent a lot of time lately trespassing...I mean...hanging out at Paprika's school. Part of it is getting her acquainted with the new playground/outdoor area she'll be at in the Fall in Kindergarten. And part of it is just because it's a fun place to go for the girls, and well...it's fenced. Which, in my book, is always crucial when you've got kids like mine. Haha!

7-9-12-5-800


We usually pick up lunch on the way over - Rubio's is the current favortie. :-)

7-9-12-4-600


So, anyway, this is basically how we spent last weekend. I am trying to think of what else we did, but at the moment it's not coming to mind. I know we did more than just hang out at the park. But then again, I had a to-do list a mile long of things I wanted to get accomplished this weekend (putting away laundry was at the top of that list)- and on Sunday night, I realized I had accomplished nothing. Like, not even one load of laundry was put away. Ha!

7-9-12-9-800


But, I know we did take the girls to ice cream. And there was a trip to Home Depot somewhere in there. And we put up a little fence in our front yard to keep out irresponsible dog walkers.

I think Ginger's shirt pretty much sums up what I'm saying here. ;-)

7-9-12-7-800


Mostly, though, we just did a lot of playing at the park and playground on Saturday and Sunday.

On Sunday, we brought the bikes. Paprika's bike is kinda big for her. I actually found it at Goodwill and snatched it up faster than you can say Jack Rabbit. It was a heckuva find. She was pretty nervous about riding it (even after we got training wheels on it) - so I am not sure if she was riding the bike, or she was just sitting on something while I pushed her. Not sure.

7-9-12-2-800


Ginger chose her own outfit for bike riding. I guess she wanted to be protected. Haha!

7-9-12-1-800


Eventually, Ginger ditched her bike and Paprika ended up riding Ginger's bike. Paprika thought that was so funny, and actually ended up loving the little bike. Then, Mr. M ended up riding Paprika's bike.

7-9-12-3-800


It was all kinds of crazy. What can I say, we know how to party. :-)

7-9-12-12-800


Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paprika looks so grown up on the big girl bike! :(
Such a beautiful family!