Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

newyears1


Hope you are having a wonderful New Year's Day. It's gorgeous here. We're all set to get outside and enjoy the beautiful day. We're also packing up all our Christmas decorations today (sniff sniff) and cleaning up the effects of four weeks of Winter Partying at our house. Fun stuff. ;-)

2011 was an amazing year for our family. 2011 was the year of our newest miracle - her entire pregnancy, birth, and first weeks of life were all in that one year. Needless to say, whatever hard times we had this year were far overshadowed by the miracle of life.

I am not big on resolutions, but I do enjoy each year figuring out what my goals and priorities are for the upcoming year. This year, I have a multitude of things I want to do, be, have, and give (I heard that phrase on Oprah 20 years ago and I've never forgotten it).

Mostly, I just want to survive this next year! Haha. With a newborn, a 2 year old, and a 5 year old, life is full here. ;-)

But more than just survive, I want to thrive in the new year. Here's to new possibilities and happy days this year!


1 comment:

Sheila said...

You have motherhood down cold. I think it would be wonderful if you would give yourself permission to do more for you. Thrive is an inspired resolution! It will be such a gift for all of you.