Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sea Legs!

1-3-12-12-800


Today marks the end of our second week back to school after Winter Break. I can't believe how fast these two weeks have flown (I feel like I am always saying that, but it's true!)

Last week was my first week solo with the kids while Mr. M is working on a movie out of town. It was definitely challenging. ;-) On Saturday, my mom arrived. She's staying for two weeks, and it was her first time meeting the baby! So, her arrival was definitely a bright spot. Mr. M came home on Sunday for the day and it was such a breath of fresh air to us all. We went to my favorite beach (again!) and we all had the best time. The pics are still on my camera - so when I get a spare moment (those are much fewer and farther between now), I will post them. I love that place!

12-28-11-10-600


On Monday, baby Violet turned 2 months old! She deserves her own post for that. Needless to say, she is such an amazing dream baby. She is starting to smile a lot, and she is just really laid back and mellow (especially around me). She gets pretty freaked out when she can't see or hear me, but as long as I am there, she is so happy.

I took her with me this week to get my hair cut (first time I've gotten it cut since July)! It was a new salon, and the girl took forever and a day to cut/style it. I was there over two hours, and my little dream baby was just sooo happy the whole time and even took a little nap. What?! I now understand how other moms who have one baby get so much done...I think they must have easy babies, and this is a first for moi. I should probably stop now because I don't want Paprika and Ginger thinking I'm criticizing their babyhood. I loved loved loved their baby stages, too, of course! They were just a teensy bit harder...but maybe that's because I have my sea legs now.

In other news, I am so happy to report that Ginger had her first nap in about two months today. We put the crib back up for her to nap in (napping in her big girl bed just wasn't happening). She fell asleep in the crib and had a two hour nap, and woke up a happier, saner person. Of course, since she had a nap, she did not fall asleep until after midnight. Because that's how it works in our house. Nap equals up all night. But happy up all night is better than moody, cranky girl all day. Right?

12-28-11-8-800


2 comments:

FourJedis said...

That's great that you and Baby Violet got some time away together. I can only imagine how busy your life is with 3 young children and a traveling husband. I did it with two young children and it was insane. I'm so glad your mom is there for a few weeks!

Mimi said...

Baby Violet is adorable, such a sweet little smile on her. In truth, all 3 of your girls are adorable!

What? Ginger has broken her New Year's Resolution re clothes?!!