Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's The Weekend!

10-1-10-4-500


Just a few photos from yesterday. In the morning yesterday, Ginger and I had a playdate with a local area mom (I'll call her K) and her 5 month old son. K lives about a mile from me. She and I were introduced through one of my friends from Indiana (Hi Carrie!) . It's one of those small world things and it makes you think...what are the chances? How can there not be a divine creator making connections for us to help guide us through our hardships in life?

Long story short, after emailing back and forth, we realized that K and I lived on the same floor in our dorm during my freshman year of college at IU. Now, years later...we are both living 3000 miles from Indiana...and we just happen to live a mile apart.

On top of that, last year she found out she was pregnant with identical twins, then found out they had TTTS, and then lost one of her sons at the same gestation I lost Vivian and Annemarie due to TTTS. So, as you can imagine, we had a lot to talk about. Her 5 month old baby is the surviving twin.

I just kept thinking about what a small world it is, and how interesting it is that I could be living in this tiny beach community in California and yet make friends with someone who lived just eight doors down the hall from me in college. And we both have babies about the same age. And she has experienced losing a child to TTTS.

10-1-10-2-500


It kind of gets my head spinning.

Needless to say, it was really cool and fun to hang out with her.

After that, I picked Paprika up at school and we had fun playing in the backyard for the afternoon. I'm trying to move Paprika's bedtime earlier, and I think it helps so much when she's rested. Her favorite thing to do right now is act out stories in the backyard. Yesterday she did a performance of Jack and The Beanstalk. We also played soccer together, despite the fact I have two broken toes - I broke them two weeks ago running for my camera to catch a cute thing Ginger was doing on camera. So, yea...playing soccer with two broken toes was interesting! Haha!

So, now we're off to the start of our weekend. I have some idea what we're going to do but we'll see how it all plays out!

10-1-10-1-800


2 comments:

Carrie Reiberg said...

I LOVE it!!!!!!!! you guys are hanging out with me in tow whether you realize it or not. what a fabulous pair!

FourJedis said...

That's really quite some story! I'm really glad you and K were able to meet up and hit it off. So sad hearing of one more person having to mourn their baby though. I can't wait to read about the fun stuff you get into this week!