Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pregnancy Updates!

Taken at 16 weeks, 3 days pregnant:



I am now in the second trimester, and am 16 weeks 4 days along. I am still REALLY sick a lot of the time, but I hear that's normal for twins. I have morning sickness all the time, so much so that Paprika has started to imitate me throwing up.

I am getting out a lot with Paprika, because she needs to get out of the house. We're going to indoor places and outdoor places with shade and water (she does not like the heat, either)- so that is helping. The tricky part is that Paprika is going through a phase where she wants to be carried, or picked up ALL THE TIME. So, that's a bit rough because she weighs almost 30 pounds, and carrying around 30 pounds on your hip is not something you want to do pregnant! But I'm just soldiering on with it, and trying my best to balance it all.

I go for my check-up on Thurday, and we will have an ultrasound. Perhaps we will find out the gender of the twins. I am not concerned about what we're having- I just want them both to be healthy. I just really hope everything is okay. I get really nervous before every appointment and this time is no different. So, hopefully things will be great at the appointment and I can exhale a little bit.

As far as cravings- I'm still eating a lot of protein, and not craving any sweets. I'm not quite as hungry as I was in the first trimester, but I'm still eating a great deal (about 3500 to 4000 calories/day). If I don't eat a meal every two to three hours, I get very dizzy and feel like I'm going to pass out. So, I make sure I eat! :-)

No comments: