Friday, June 13, 2008

14 weeks!

Last night, Mr. Mustard took this picture of me at 14 weeks, 5 days pregnant. I don't think I'm much bigger than last week. But, still, for being in the beginning of the second trimester, my tum-tum is HUGE! I guess that's what happens when there are two babies growing and stretching their bodies!




As far as cravings and things like that, I really have only been craving basic, healthy foods. I eat ALOT of protein, dairy, fruit, and veggies. I would rather eat broccoli than chocolate. I cannot tell you how unlike me that is! When I was pregnant with Paprika, I HAD to eat ice cream every night (or almost every night). But now the thought of sugar just makes me ill. I hope I am not jinxing myself by saying that all I want are healthy foods. Because, I would LOVE for this trend to last forever.

So yes, I'm not eating or craving any sugar. Just a lot of protein: red meat, chicken, and dairy. Lots of veggies: corn, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes (before the salmonella scare started, that is). Lots of fruit: raspberries, strawberries, peaches, blueberries.

I've gained 21 pounds so far! Eeek! I don't know how that's possible, but the scale doesn't lie. I will probably gain 70-80 this pregnancy again, just like with Paprika. But that's okay, she turned out great and I'm glad I pumped her full of lots of yummy nutrients in utero. I'm sure having three kids ages two and under will whip me back into shape in no time after the twins are born!

No comments: