Thursday, May 15, 2008

Great Date and Second Doctor's Appointment!

Today we had a VERY busy day. Mr. Mustard and his mom drove down from Santa Barbara. In the morning, they took Paprika to the park for two hours while I straightened up around the house and enjoyed a nice shower!

Then, Mr. Mustard's mom watched Paprika while Mr. Mustard and I zipped off to our doctor's appointment in Beverly Hills. I am going back to our old OB (the one who delivered Paprika) because he is a great doctor and he is very on the ball, which is what you want with twins!

We had a wonderful appointment, and we are definitely switching back to his practice. There's no question in my mind that he is the most competent person to deliver the twins and provide the best prenatal care.

We finished at the appointment at 4:45pm, the beginning of rush hour! So, instead of dealing with sitting for hours in traffic, Mr. Mustard and I had a date over on the Westside while Pat watched Paprika! It was fantastic! We went to Baja Fresh at the Century City Mall and then saw Iron Man, a very fun movie! For an afternoon, we felt like a newly married couple! Great fun. Of course, we were happy to see Paprika when we got home, but it was nice to have a little adult alone time. Paprika had a great time with Pat and all was well.

I have a follow-up ultrasound next week (to check the nuchal folds). Pat will already be on vacation in Maine for over a month, so I definitely have to figure out someone to watch Paprika. I may end up toting her to the appointments with me. That will be, ummmm, interesting!

No comments: