Friday, September 14, 2007

One Small Step for Miss Paprika - One Giant Leap for the Our Family!

Yesterday, September 13, 2007, Paprika took her very first steps! We are SO proud of her! Here is how it happened:

I put her down to go to sleep at 8 p.m., her bedtime. At about 9 p.m., she woke up crying, so I went upstairs and got her, brought her downstairs, and let her play quietly while Mr. Mustard and I finished our dinner. A few moments later, she crawled over to the table and was holding onto the edge of a chair. Mr. Mustard was seated a few feet from her and said, "Paprika- walk to me. Can you walk to daddy?" She let go of the chair and walked over to him! It was amazing!

We got out the video camera and took a little video of her taking a few more steps throughout the evening. Then, she rubbed her eyes, signaling us that she was tired and wanted to go to bed. I took her upstairs at about 10 p.m., and she was out like a light!

I think she wanted to wake up to show us she can walk. This means big changes in our lives and hers. It's very exciting!!! :-)

No comments: