Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Birthday Weekend!



I had a wonderful birthday, and a great birthday weekend! Mr. Mustard surprised me on Friday (my birthday) with a delivery of flowers- three dozen roses- a dozen for each decade! He came home from work early, and we took Paprika to the indoor playground in our neighborhood. Mr. Mustard had never been there before, so I wanted him to get the chance to see it. Mr. Mustard had a great time playing with Paprika at the playground- he took her in the bouncy and pushed her around in her favorite toy car.


Then we headed up to Santa Barbara for the weekend. Mr. Mustard's mom made us dinner, and we spent the evening relaxing before putting Paprika to bed. Paprika did not want to go to bed (she only likes to fall asleep in her bed at home), so we were up until after 2 a.m. trying to get her to go to sleep. After two rides in the car, we finally got her to sleep. Even so, she didn't sleep long and was awake for the day by 7:30 a.m.



Around 11 a.m., I put Paprika down for a nap, and Mr. Mustard and I snuck off to go for a hike by the ocean while Mr. Mustard's mom babysat. We had such a wonderful time hiking up to the cliffs overlooking the ocean. By the time we got back, Paprika was awake and ready to play!



Saturday night, Mr. Mustard and I went to a wonderful dinner at the Sage & Onion restaurant in downtown Santa Barbara while Mr. Mustard's mom babysat her granddaughter. It was so relaxing to have a nice dinner out as a couple. Afterwards we went to see the movie 3:10 to Yuma.



The next day we just relaxed and enjoyed being outdoors. Paprika loved crawling on the back patio and on the grass in the backyard. She had a lot of fun throwing the ball to Hauser. While Paprika was asleep in the morning, Mr. Mustard and I snuck off to the beach and went for a walk. Then, later when Paprika was awake, we took her to the beach with us. She loved seeing the surfers, smelling the sea air, and feeling the cool breeze on her face. That night we went to our favorite hamburger stand, The Habit, for old time's sake!




It was a lot of fun. Oh, and for my birthday, Mr. Mustard surprised me with a new camera! I am so excited to learn all about it and take even MORE pictures! :-)

No comments: