Saturday, September 16, 2006

One Month Birthday!

One month old officially- today we took it easy- had a bath and hung out around the house. We did a "photo shoot" to mark the one month birthday, which was a lot of fun. My mom is here- so she spent the day with us. She is leaving on Monday and I'm going to be so sad to see her go. We had some great times this visit- and she is so good with Paprika. I'm getting nostalgic and she hasn't even left yet!

Paprika is changing so quickly. Already she doesn't need to be held quite as much as she did when we brought her home from the hospital- although I love holding her, so I'm not ready for that stage to pass. She is sleeping a little more often in her bassinet. She is tolerating her bouncy seat. Otherwise, she really just falls asleep when she's being held and then wakes up when she realizes no one is holding her.

Paprika really enjoys music- we've been playing the Ipod for her- just like I did when I was pregnant- and she really likes it. My mom gave me a CD for my birthday of yoga music, and Paprika especially likes that. I was a little skeptical at first, but Paprika really calms down when we play it- she loves it!

Last week my friend Lindsey came by to see Paprika- that was great to catch up with her. She was down from the Bay Area for Jacey's engagement party. Paprika stayed home with my mom while Mr. Mustard and I went to the party. I didn't think it would be so hard to leave her, but it really was! I guess you could say I'm attached to my little one! It's nice being able to leave Paprika with my mom or Mr. Mustard's mom because you can really trust grandma! Leaving her with anyone else is going to be really really hard.

Having Paprika makes me want to have about 5 more little ones- although I can't imagine taking time away from her...so I guess I'm conflicted. I love her so much that I don't want her to have to share my attention with anyone else, and I love her so much that I want to have a million more kids so she can have lots of brothers and sisters. She is so much fun- this is really what life is all about. :-)

No comments: