Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Major Strides

Today Paprika is 5 weeks old- and last night we had a major breakthrough. Paprika slept in her bassinet (gasp!) last night for 4 hours straight- from 1:30am to 5:30am. I'm not going to hold my breath that it happens again, but this was the first time that she's slept that long when she hasn't been held. It's very exciting, but also bittersweet because I love holding her so much. It was nice to sleep horizontal for a few hours, though. Usually I feed her and she falls asleep while I'm holding her and then we'll both doze for awhile. But, last night Mr. Mustard got her to fall asleep while he was carrying her in the Bjorn, and then he put her down in her bassinet and she slept straight until 5:30am. Then she woke up- and of course hasn't allowed me to put her back in the bassinet since then. I am currently wearing her in the Bjorn, hoping she'll fall asleep enough to let me lay her back down. :-)

No comments: