Friday, May 26, 2006


Things have been so busy this week with studying for the Bar, I haven't had much time to post.

The biggest news is that Ann delivered Cameron Erik McPherson on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 4:57 pm. He weighed 7 lbs. 15 ounces, and was 20.5 inches long. She kept me updated while she was in the hospital and Len called right after the birth to give me the good news. Ann was very upbeat about the whole labor and said everything went perfectly! I am so happy for her, Len, and Benjamin!

Other than that, I've just been studying for the Bar. This week I tackled Evidence and Torts- I still have a long way to go to master the subjects (especially Evidence, which has always been a bit tricky for me)- but it's a good start. I guess I'm in the "ramp up" stage right now.

Jessica and I have been talking on the phone- sort of a "study buddy" thing. She's taking the Barbri class, so it's good to hear what she's up to and make sure that I'm keeping up with what I'm supposed to do. I'm sort of following the Barbri model, but also doing my own thing- tailoring it to my strengths and weaknesses. Hopefully that works out.

My goal is to study 13 hours a day between now and July 25th (Day One of the Bar Exam), taking only a few breaks here and there-- a day off for July 4th, and then there are a few other days I have commitments...but pretty much 13 hours/day, 7 days/week from here on out.

Today Mr. Mustard and I played hookey because I had scheduled to take Memorial Day "off", but he'll be working on the doc on that day, so today was our "Memorial Day" holiday. We woke up late, went to the zoo, then to La Salsa for a late lunch. We came home, took a nap (my feet were soooo sore from walking around the zoo, I just collapsed on the bed), and then we watched an Emmy Screener of "Dancing with the Stars" for an hour. He's just left to go back to the office to work on the doc- and I'm going to study for a few hours tonight.
The zoo was a lot of fun. I ran into someone I sort of knew from Indiana- a highschool acquaintance. That was pretty neat. The zoo was packed in the morning with kids on field trips- which was cute...but let's just say there were a lot of them. They cleared out after lunch, and then we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.

There have been a lot of babies born lately at the zoo, so we got to see lots of baby animals, which is always neat. Mr. Mustard's favorites are the gerenuks, which are sort of like gazelles. I liked seeing the baby giraffe. I also liked seeing the Sumatran Rhino- because there are very few of them left in the world (less than 300)- they are breeding them at the zoo, which I think is great.

We had some good encounters, especially with the baby gerenuks and a few of the primates, who were being really social and were just sort of hanging out by us. I like visiting the animals that don't get much traffic because they come so much closer, and they sometimes seem to want to interact with you. I think it would be really cool to go on a trip to Kenya or somewhere like that and do a photo-safari. Probably not in the next three months (!), but maybe we can take the baby there once she is a little older.

No comments: