Monday, May 8, 2006

Done!

I finished my last final today. I am very happy to be done- but of course, still no resting easy until grades are released. I probably should have taken the exam last week- because I don't know that my studying really helped for today's test. Oh well. As much as I think "oh, I should have written this or that," there's nothing I can do to change it and it's over...over...over. Hopefully my last law school final ever. I cleaned out my locker at UCLA and said goodbye. Mr. Mustard was again super-supportive and drove me to the final and picked me up afterwards. It was so nice not having to carry my heavy books, etc. I think we're going to celebrate tonight by going out to dinner and a movie. It's been a long time since we've had a real date- since I've been so focused on studying these past few weeks.

So, I am now 25 weeks and 2 days pregnant. My online tracker says this:

Your baby weighs just under 2 pounds (850g) and could possibly survive if delivered now. Your baby measures approximately 9.2 inches (23cm) from crown to rump.
He is growing fast and gaining weight now. His skin is less transparent and is becoming opaque as fat builds up.
Your baby's heart is beating 120 to 160 beats per minute, as you have already heard at several doctor or midwife visits.
Until now, your baby's eyes have been sealed shut, but he reopens them this week. The eyes are almost fully formed and the retinas contain all the layers they will have when your baby is born. Your baby's eyes are blue right now, no matter the ethnic origin or eye-color of you and your partner since eyes do not acquire their final color until months after birth.
Your baby is lean right now, but is getting fatter all the time as fat is being deposited. Your baby's skin is getting thicker and paler and is becoming less red and wrinkled as more fat is deposited.
Your baby has eyebrows, eyelashes and fingernails, though all are short and need to grow more.


Luckily, I was able to get a good night's sleep last night. The baby was moving around a lot and kicking, but I still managed to get a good 6 or 7 hours in, thankfully! I'm going to take a nap now in celebration of being done! I think both the baby and I need it!!!

No comments: