Saturday, December 31, 2011

Time To Party!

12-30-11-9-800


Today is one of my most favorite days of the year. Not because it's New Year's Eve, even though that is part of it. Nope, today is one of my favorite days of the year because it is Mr. M's birthday! How great is it that he has a whole holiday devoted to his special day? This is the 11th birthday I have spent with him, and it just gets better every year...

12-30-11-8-800


I know that we are going to be ringing in the new year and that it's time to put 2011 behind us...but I have so much catching up to do here, that I hope you'll play along with me as I get caught up on our Christmas week posts. We did so much, and I really don't want to forget a moment of it. So, the next few days I may be doubling up a bit on posts, trying to get it all in before I begin my 2012!

12-30-11-6-800


Last week (the day the baby turned 6 weeks old), we spent the day at the Huntington Gardens in Pasadena. We're members there, although we rarely get to go anymore (it is a bit of a drive and they close early)...

12-30-11-7-800


Paprika spent many afternoons there her first three years of life (we used to live right around the corner from this place), so everytime I go there, I get a bit weepy about days gone by. They are going fast. I can't tell you how many pictures I have of her playing in this same fountain as a new toddler. Now she looks so grown up to me.

12-30-11-5-600


The baby is hiding out under the nursing cover. I know, it's a bold fashion statement on my part. It's how we roll these days:

12-30-11-10-600


Paprika had to bring her dollie with her to the gardens. She's taking this little one everywhere these days. She named her "Little Baby I Love You So" - so if you ask her what her baby's name is, don't be surprised when she tells you that long name. I am not sure which part is the first, middle, and last... I just go with it!

12-30-11-4-800


Ginger is about the age Paprika was when the Huntington opened the Children's Garden. Seeing Ginger here at this age reminds me so much of Paprika (even though these two girls' personalities are night and day!)

12-30-11-1-800


I am so grateful that I am feeling well enough to get out now. It is still hard for me to walk (especially with the baby in the baby carrier)- but I am doing it. I think it's good to get moving, although by doctor's orders, I am still taking it pretty easy. Every day I feel a little bit stronger...I am so grateful for that!

12-30-11-2-800


Hope your New Year's Eve is fun, safe, and wonderful! I'll be back with a bunch of posts about our winter break adventures in the next few days! Then it is on to 2012...I have a lot planned for this coming year! :-)

12-30-11-3-800



1 comment:

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday to Mr. Mustard and all the beautiful babes in his life. My the New Year be overflowing with joy for you all!