Thursday, October 18, 2007

Shopping Frenzy!


Paprika and I have done quite a bit of Fall shopping for her this week. It has gotten out of hand, and all I need to say is that I am going to have to hide my credit card from myself in order to end this mania. It all started very simply on Monday when I noticed that we were out of toilet paper. So, I went to Target to buy a few rolls of toilet paper, and somehow walked out of the baby department with a whole new wardrobe for Paprika. How does that happen? Very easily, apparently.

The next day I took back most of the clothes I bought at Target, and then after I returned them, I had to go back to the baby section to see if they had socks in her size. Well, you can guess what happened next! I bought more clothes for her- different clothes, but the total cost was more than what I had just returned. Then I swore off Target because obviously I have no control when I'm in that store.

Later that day I was on the phone with Ann and she suggested I take the jogging stroller up to The Children's Place clothing store near us. Well, when I was there, I saw two dresses that would be perfect for Paprika for Christmas- far superior dresses to anything they had at Target. And I had a 25% off coupon, so I had to buy both just in case one didn't fit.

This morning I looked in Paprika's closet and realized that most of her clothes from last winter actually still fit her. So we went back to Target and returned most of the items I bought on the previous day. This time I did not stray from the returns section- since to do so would have meant another large purchase of baby clothes, I'm sure! Then we went back to The Children's Place and returned one of the dresses.

So after all that running around, Paprika has a few nice new articles of clothing- and a frazzled mommy! I think I'm going to stick to online shopping from now on! ;-)

No comments: