Thursday, October 4, 2007

Life Is Good!

I am in awe at how each phase of babyhood gets better and better. Paprika is walking exclusively now. It is the cutest thing ever to watch her toddle around our house carrying the stray shoe or stuffed animal. She takes her steps so carefully and falls quite often on her bottom- boom! But she doesn't seem to mind. She gets back up again and keeps trying, no matter how many times she falls.

She's sleeping well. Down for the night at 9 pm and up for the day at 9 am. She usually wakes up once or twice during the night to feed, and I actually enjoy going into her room and cuddling with her. She is just the sweetest little girl, and I am cherishing all these moments we have together.

Paprika understands so much, and is very aware of her environment. Yesterday, for example, when I took her down to the car to run some errands, she saw HER car and wanted to get in it. She started to get upset when I buckled her into her seatbelt, so I told her, "Paprika, we have to go on a trip now. We'll play with your car when we got back." She quieted down immediately. When we got home after running our errand, she started taking off her carseat strap, and was so excited to get into her toy car. She understood what I had told her when we got into the car and knew I'd keep my promise when we got home.

She is such a happy baby, and is so excited to meet others and to get out and about. Every morning, she looks out the window, trys to put on her shoes, and says "Go! Go! Go!" Then when I put on my shoes, she gets really excited, because she knows we are about to leave. She is always up for an adventure, and is excited to get out and see the world!

No comments: