Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Books Have Arrived!




My books are back from the printer's and they are gorgeous! I am getting ready to send a big batch to Amazon tomorrow so they can get ready to ship them out to the first customers. Paprika has had a great time scaling the boxes of books in our living room.

Every day for the past week, I have taken Hauser and Paprika to the baseball field about 1/2 mile from our house. It's fenced in and provides a huge play space of grass for both Paprika and Hauser to run. I bring a few tennis balls for Hauser and he gets worn out in no time. It's really wonderful. We go at dusk, and once it starts to get dark, the baseball field is entirely illuminated with lights. It's a bit of a surreal feeling when everything else is dark, but the field is so bright. I've never played sports at night- but I can imagine the rush of being on a field lit up at night. The weather right now is perfect for it, and there's never anyone at the field, so we have it all to ourselves. It's been a perfect few days for us.

The fires are starting to settle down. We are thankfully out of harm's way. The fires are raging to the East, West, South, and North of us- but thankfully not in our own backyard. The sky has been a deep pink color and the moon a dark blood red. The air smells like burning wood, and feels heavy. I feel so terrible for everyone who has lost so much in the fire. I'm praying that the fire is contained quickly and that no more lives are lost. We will have a lot of warning if the fires start to move towards us- I think that we are pretty safe for now, though.

No comments: