Friday, July 27, 2007

Getting Out and About



Paprika is not wanting to stay at home anymore! She wants to get out of the house and see the world! So, I'm obliging her. Yesterday we did three thing out of the house. First trip of the day, we drove around in the car so she could look out the window, relax, and fall asleep for her nap. Paprika has been having the worst time sleeping and sometimes the only thing that relaxes her is going for a nice, long drive.

After her nap, we went to the outdoor mall near us. I bought a pair of black flip flops (in a size 10- yikes! My feet were an 8 or and 8 1/2 pre-pregnancy). Then we stopped at Cold Stone Creamery and I had a little treat. I even let Paprika try the Oreo in my ice cream. She really really liked it. So far, I've discovered that while she could care less about avocados, blueberries, hummus, or yogurt- she will not turn down a bit of chocolate! And who can blame her, right?
Paprika loves to try to feed other people- specifically me and Mr. Mustard (and Hauser, too). The first picture at the top is her trying to feed me her Oreo. :-)

After that excursion, we came home and did the whole diaper change/nursing combo before heading out on foot to Trader Joe's. We live four or five blocks from the original Trader Joe's, and it's a joy to walk over there and do a bit of grocery shopping. It's very convenient, especially since we don't have to worry about parking. I just take the stroller, bring my own bag, and then we browse the aisles picking out yummy things to make for dinner. Yesterday we got a wonderful pear salad dressing. Yum!

Here are some pictures of Paprika enjoying her very first Oreo cookie- ever!

Here is her "I must inspect this" look:

Maybe I'll try a bite:

Mmmmm...tastes good!:

All Done! Time to wash it down with some water!:

No comments: