Monday, July 3, 2006

It's Already July!



Happy Almost July 4th! Mr. Mustard and I went up to Santa Barbara just for the weekend- we left late on Friday and came back last night (Sunday). It was so nice to get away for a few days. I did manage to get in some good studying- just a few hours on both days- but also rested and relaxed.

On Saturday, we went to the beach at the Bacara Resort. It was very hot outside, and the water felt so cool! We had breakfast at this little restaurant we both like called Domingo's and then lunch at our favorite hamburger joint, The Habit. Spent all afternoon at the beach, and then went back to Mr. Mustard's mom's house to relax. Mr. Mustard's mom is still in Maine, so we had the whole house to ourselves. Hauser was very relaxed and enjoyed hanging out in the backyard. It was so nice! We had dinner at Rusty's Pizza, which is a pizza place Mr. Mustard used to go to a lot when he was in junior high, so that was neat. He played Miss Pac-Man after dinner and showed that he still has his video game skills on those old games.

Sunday we met up with our friends Lauren and Don for brunch at the Brown Pelican, which is a little restaurant right on the water. It was more crowded than the Bacara beach, but not too crowded. There were lots of dogs playing in the water and it made me wish we had brought Hauser- but of course, what would we have done with him while we were eating? Later on, Mr. Mustard and I went for a hike with Hauser at Hauser's favorite place- Elwood Shores. It's right on a cliff overlooking the ocean. It was so deserted and peaceful- especially for a holiday weekend.

Health-wise, I've started to get a lot more uncomfortable! Last night I was in a lot of pain- cramping in my abdomen and some sharp pain, as well. Plus, my back always hurts. I think the baby oftentimes is laying on a nerve. Sometimes all of a sudden I will lose feeling in my arm or my hand, or I will feel a really sharp continuous pain down my leg. It's no fun. Last night, it hurt so badly, it was hard to focus on anything else. The aches and pains associated with pregnancy are getting to be a bit much, but I guess I have to think that I really only have a few more weeks left, so I should just enjoy it! It's made me a little cranky, though, I must admit to always feel so big and immobile. I'm sure Mr. Mustard will be glad when I am back to being "me" again!!!

Speaking of Mr. Mustard, here are a few photos of his "guy's trip" to Las Vegas last weekend!

No comments: