Monday, February 4, 2008

Poor Sick Baby


Paprika is not feeling well at all. She came down with this nasty flu on Friday evening, and has just not been her self these past few days. I'm hoping it passes quickly. Her fever is down to low-grade (it was pretty high on Saturday and Sunday), but she still lacks energy and has a terrible cough. It's no fun being sick!

I have been letting her watch movies- it seems to be the only thing that calms her down right now. First thing in the morning, I put on The Wizard of Oz for her (Wizard! as she calls it). We've been watching it on repeat and I've been skipping past all the scary parts, of course. In our version of The Wizard of Oz, it's all songs and no conflict! Someday she'll watch the scary parts, but not at age 17 months.
Watching The Wizard of Oz:


I've also been letting Paprika watch all the classic Disney songs on YouTube. She loves watching the songs from Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, The Little Mermaid, etc. We watch them over and over again, and she can't get enough.
Watching Videos on YouTube:


She loves watching movies of herself the best, though! She gets such a kick out of it. Since she's sick, I give in everytime she walks over to the computer and says "Picture...Picture...Picture...Picture." That's my signal to fire up the home movies and the YouTube videos for her to watch. I am indulging her a bit since she's sick. Of course, once she's well, we'll just go outside and have fun at the park again, so I'm not too worried about her becoming a couch potato.

My eye is feeling a lot better now. I'm done patching it, and my vision is restored. So, that's great news, at least!

No comments: