Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What A Long, Great Trip It's Been!


We're back in California! It feels like we lived a whole lifetime on our last trip to Indianapolis. So much happened, it's unbelievable!

Tuesday, August 14th- Robbie, Paprika, my dad, and I spent the day up in Fisher's visiting my Aunt Laura. Paprika had so much fun bouncing on Aunt Laura's giant trampoline!




That night we picked up Mr. Mustard at the airport around midnight. Paprika was still awake, so she went with me, Eric, and Robbie to pick Mr. Mustard up. Paprika fell asleep in the car right before we picked up Mr. Mustard, so we had to be really quiet the whole car ride home!


My mom got into a car accident on Tuesday and totalled her car! I am soooo glad she is okay. She was shaken up, but otherwise fine. It really scared us all.


Wednesday, August 15th- Mr. Mustard, Paprika, Robbie and I went up to Lafayette to visit Ann and family! Mr. Mustard and Robbie watched the kids while Ann and I went out and got pedicures! It was so fun to have a little "girl time" together. When we got home, we found out that Robbie had contracted a very bad stomach virus and was puking everywhere. He threw up 17 times that night- he was so very sick! Mr. Mustard and Ann's husband, Len, drove Robbie back halfway to Indy, where Eric met up with him and took Robbie home. Then Mr. Mustard came back to get me and Paprika- we didn't want her riding in the car with Robbie, in case he was contagious!


Thursday, August 16th- Paprika's First Birthday! - We had such an amazing day! Mr. Mustard, my dad, Paprika, and I all spent the day at the Indianapolis Children's Museum. It was incredible. Paprika had an awesome time. They have a special play area for babies under the age of 2. Paprika loved splashing in the water there and playing with the blocks. She actually loved looking at all the exhibits in the museum- especially the glass display and the dinosaur exhibit.

Looking Up At The Glass:



Splashing In the Water:



With Mommy:


Taking a Lunch Break:


That night we had a mini-party for Paprika at my mom's house. My grandparents came, which was awesome! We had cake and ice cream and sang "Happy Birthday" to Paprika. Then we took a boat ride around the lake. Paprika loved peeking over the edge of the boat at the swans and ducks swimming beside us.



Friday, August 17th- Mr. Mustard, Paprika, and I drove up to Lafayette to see Ann and family! Ann had hired a babysitter for her boys for the day so that she could go with us to get Paprika's professional one year portrait taken. Paprika was so adorable at her picture- we got some great photos of her to commemorate the day. Here are some photos of Paprika in the dressing room, prior to her photo session!:




Saturday, August 18th- Paprika's Big First Birthday Party at Aunt Laura and Uncle Kevin's House. What an amazing day! We had a big celebration with family and friends- and it was just perfect. Photos to follow in a later post!

Sunday, August 19th- We slept in, then went over to my Grandparents' house for a visit. After that, Eric, my mom, Robbie, Mr. Mustard, Paprika, and I went to the Indiana State Fair. It was Mr. Mustard and Paprika's first time at the State Fair- and I think they both really enjoyed it! The main attraction for us is seeing the animals. Paprika got to pet goats, pigs, llamas, alpacas, sheep, and horses! She liked it all- but was a little aprehensive about petting the horses- they must seem so huge to her! She also had her first taste of lemonade and did not like it one bit!

Monday, August 20th- We boarded a 6am flight back to Los Angeles and got back just in time for Monday morning rush hour! Honestly, it wasn't too bad. I was exhausted because I didn't go to sleep the night before. Paprika had been falling asleep so late that we both got used to staying up til 3am, so by the time it was time to go to sleep, it was time to leave for the airport! Paprika slept most of the flight home, thankfully. When she wasn't sleeping, she was tuned into the dvd player. Having Mr. Mustard with me was a huge help- it made the flight about 1000 times easier!

No comments: