Monday, December 11, 2006

Milestones and Changes


Paprika is fascinated with her hands and constantly wants to eat them! It's hard to get a picture without her hands in her mouth. I think it might be the first signs of teething because all of this fist chomping is accompanied by lots of saliva. She wants to put everything in her mouth. She is able to put her pacifier in and out of her mouth, which is a very handy skill to have. At dinner tonight, she even grabbed one of Mr. Mustard's french fries. She's come a long way, baby!

Over the past few weeks, Paprika has discovered how fun it is to giggle and will laugh at almost everything, but especially when you give her lots of kisses. Today she let out a high pitched squeal when I tickled her tummy. It's so rewarding hearing her laugh. It makes me laugh, which makes her laugh more!

Tonight we went to The Daily Grill for dinner and Paprika was pretty good. We should have gone a little earlier. We didn't arrive at the restaurant until 8:30, and Paprika's bedtime is now around 7pm, so she was really tired. She was a trooper, though, and managed to stay awake until the drive home, around 10pm. Then Mr. Mustard put her down for sleep and she went right to bed.

I hardly know what to do with myself after she goes down to sleep. It's almost as if there is so much to do that I don't end up doing anything. I think, "how can I best utilize this time?" and then I just end up surfing the internet or watching movies on TV I've seen a million times. Now that we finally have cable (for the first time in my adult life!) I have taken to watching all of the reality TV shows that we have helped create but have never actually viewed on television. Last night we watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition- all two hours of it! Wow- TV can really carve a big chunk out of your evening if you're not careful. I'm rambling now, I guess. The point is, I know I need to keep my TV watching to a minimum and do something productive with my time- like sleep!

No comments: