Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!



Last night Mr. Mustard and I went to a Holiday Party. It was at Geisha House, which is a sorta swanky restaurant/bar in Hollywood. They had an open bar and free sushi, so I had to go, of course! I didn't find out about it until last minute, but luckily Jessica and Matt agreed to babysit even on such short notice. Mr. Mustard and I ended up having such a great time at the party- and I actually knew a few people there from my days working on The Bachelor, plus all of Mr. Mustard's current co-workers were there that I've met before. Anyway, it was a good time.



We didn't stay too long, though, because I knew that Jessica and Matt had to get up to go to work in the morning, and plus, I figured Paprika might be giving them some trouble. We got back to Jessica and Matt's and Paprika was about to fall asleep. It was almost 11 pm and she was exhausted. Jessica and Matt did such a great job watching her- their place is so calm and serene. They had decorated it so beautifully with a big Christmas tree and then several small trees and other decorations. They had Beatles music playing quietly in the background while Matt kept Paprika at ease by swaying with her in the Baby Bjorn. They said that Paprika cried for about 20 minutes while we were gone, which of course, broke my heart. But, truth be told, it could have been a lot worse! I'm so glad that they were able to watch her- I really trust them- they are just a great couple, plus Jessica used to be a nanny, so I felt comfortable. It was the first time we've left her with anyone other than my mom or Mr. Mustard's mom, so I guess it was a bit of a milestone!




It was nice for me to have a little time to get out of the house. I realized that last night was the first night since my birthday (Sept. 7th) that I had been in Los Angeles without Paprika by my side. That was when my mom was in town visiting, so she watched her. I've made a few short trips out in Santa Barbara while Mr. Mustard's mom has watched her, but none in Los Angeles, so it felt kind of weird. When we got her home I snuggled her so tight- I realized that I really really missed her while we went out!


No comments: