Thursday, October 16, 2008

Snow White!



I decided awhile ago to let Paprika pick out who she wanted to be this Halloween. While we were out shopping a month or so ago, she found a Snow White dress and crown that she just had to have. I bought it, put it in the closet, and decided to save it for Halloween.



Well, that just wouldn't do. Paprika loves this dress and wants to wear it all the time. So I thought "what the heck"- let's take it out now and let her enjoy it before Halloween.

The good news is that it's getting a lot of use. The bad news is that it's the FIRST thing she asks for when she wakes up in the morning. "Let's go put on Snow White's dress, mommy! Please, mommy? Where's Snow White's dress? Time to put on Snow White's dress!" Like any two year old, Paprika knows persistence is her friend. :-)



I'm more than happy to oblige her. She has a wonderful time singing songs she's made up herself, pretending in the dress, dancing around the living room, and talking to herself in the mirror. She holds royal court in our home, and I am lucky enough to get an invitation!



All in all, a successful Halloween and dress-up purchase! I'm glad she's having so much fun with it and I'm happy that she loves using her imagination so much!

No comments: