Wednesday, April 9, 2008

So Emotional

Paprika has been throwing tantrums lately! She gets her mind set on something, and she won't let go. It's tiring, to say the least! She also is becoming quite the climber and if I turn my back for a second, she's scaled something- be it the bathroom counter (she climbs from floor to toilet to countertop) or the dining room table, or anything else she can find. She's a toddler through and through, and she is wearing me out!

We went to the indoor playground yesterday, and that was a wonderful respite from having to constantly tell Paprika "no"- because the playground is a 100% safe place for her to climb and play. We have issues when we go to the park because she only wants to climb on the "big kid" playground equipment (for kids ages 5 and up) and wants to try to ride the big kids' bikes that they leave laying around the playground. Both are dangerous for her, and I constantly have to try to steer her towards more age appropriate activities, with which she wants nothing to do! Ah well. By the end of the day, I'm exhausted and worn out!

Paprika is also doing some really cute things. She has a little playhouse that she loves, and she is always trying to "bake a cake." She goes in there and whips something pretend up, and then comes out and hands it to me and says "here you go!" It's really adorable. That makes me forget about how much she wears me out. :-)

No comments: