Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Full Sentences!


Paprika now regularly speaks in full sentences. She's been doing it for a few weeks now, off and on, but over the past week it has become much more regular. Now, she often puts words together like "that is baby" and "let's go outside" or "go down." She is picking up words at a very rapid pace. She learns at least one new word per day, sometimes many more. For example, last weekend she learned choo-choo train, jump, purple, turtle, pig, goat, fish, sheep, star, banana, puppy, woof, cow, moo, and a bunch of other words I can't recall off the top of my head. We estimate that she says between 50-100 words now. It's the funniest thing because sometimes I will be sitting there reading her a book, and she'll just point to something and say what it is- even if I've never pointed it out before. She follows the words along in her book and "reads" to herself when I'm not reading to her. It's quite remarkable.


No comments: