Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving




We were up in Santa Barbara for four days over Thanksgiving weekend: Thursday through Sunday. Did a lot of relaxing, a lot of eating, and a lot of just hanging out.

On Saturday, we took a nice hike with Paprika (although she sat down on the trail a mile in and refused to walk anymore). She only wanted MOMMY to carry her out of the forest, so my arms got quite a workout carrying my 35 pound bundle of love back to the car.



We saw two movies: Bond and Twilight. Both fun- and it was so nice to get out just as a couple. We don't get too many date nights here in LA.



We went to the beach at sunset one day, which was lovely. We wrote Vivian and Annemarie's names in the sand, along with the names of a few other special babies. I got this idea from my friend, Carly, who lives in Australia near Burns Beach. She wrote Vivian and Annemarie's names in the sand in September and so this time, I wrote her son's name in the sand. Then, when I got home and checked my email, I found a message from her saying that she had been thinking about me and wrote my girls' names in the sand that same day. Can you believe that? We were both writing in the sand at the same time, half a world away.



Here are the pictures she sent me. Can you imagine a more perfect, beautiful sunset? It takes my breath away.




No comments: