Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pigtails and Hairbows!

1-13-13-9


Ginger hit a sweet milestone on Saturday.  For the first time in her life, she let me put her hair in pigtails and she wore hairbows.  And, she let me brush her hair - I think in her entire life, she's let me brush her hair less than a dozen times.

I always ask her if she wants ponytails, and she is always adamant about not having ponytails, and not wearing hairbows.  Before, if I put them in, she would always tear them out. 

But for whatever reason, on Saturday, she changed her mind.  I guess a girl is allowed to change her mind every once in awhile.  ;-)

She picked out the ballerina hairclips herself...and then said:  two ponytails, please!

1-13-13-8

It is kinda funny because she is always cutting her own hair.  She will find the kid scissors and go to town.  Just last week I found a pile of hair over by her Barbies - and well, the hair was definitely NOT Barbie's.  Can you see how she chopped her bangs?  I had a little talk with her about it - but at the end of the day, it's her hair.  Her hair, her choice.

She is dressing herself, too - she really wanted to wear this cat shirt on top of her denim dress with brown floral capris underneath.  I was cracking up about it.

Then she picked this flower from our front yard.  Eventually the stem fell off and she was so upset.  I told her I would "paste" it back on (like in It's a Wonderful Life) - and I snuck outside and picked her a new flower when she wasn't looking.  She was so happy.

I love that she thinks I can do anything, fix anything, and how magical life is to her.  To me, that's what three years old is all about.

1-13-13-10

After her hair was all done up, she said:  We have to go out now so people can see how pretty I am.  :-)  We were going to a friend's party, so thankfully, we were headed out somewhere.  I thought the hairbow thing might be a one-time thing...but nope.  Every day since, she's been game.

1-13-13-6

I can't say I'm complaining!  I have waited three (and a half) years for her to let me do her hair.  So, I am loving it.

Now...if she'd just stop chopping her hair off when I'm not looking, I think we might really get somewhere!  Haha.

1-13-13-7



No comments: