Thursday, November 16, 2006

Three Month Birthday!


We are having a great day today. :-) Paprika and I walked Hauser earlier this morning. It's a beautiful day outside- sunny and warm- about 70 degrees. Then we came back home, and we've been watching some movies from Netflix. We are currently watching Oklahoma!, which is probably my favorite movie next to Gone With the Wind, The Wizard of Oz and Total Recall! I also rented The Music Man and Wordplay, which is about crossword puzzle enthusiasts. We are relaxing and just enjoying this day together. Paprika is such an easy baby now- we are really just having a good time.

Mr. Mustard and I are working on converting the nook into her room- I have the whole nook pretty much cleaned out and tonight we are going to look at cribs. I found a very cute pink rug online from Pottery Barn Kids I think I'm going to order to put on the floor. It's going to be great! I am having some mixed feelings about moving her out of our room, though- it's so great to be able to look at her in her little bassinette and make sure she's sleeping alright. I like being close to her in the middle of the night, since I can get to her quickly when she wakes up.

Paprika is back to waking up once during the night. Her schedule now is to go to sleep around 8 pm, wake up at 4:30am, and then fall back asleep for 3 to 5 hours after that. Last night was challenging because she woke up at 4:30 and didn't want to go back to sleep. But, compared to where we were a few months ago, she's sleeping like a dream and we really have no complaints!

We finally assembled our stroller last night- it's so nice! So far we've only been using the Baby Bjorn and that's worked out great. I have a feeling that as she gets older we will be using the stroller more and more often- but I will miss the close feeling of the Bjorn, for sure!

I finished the manuscript to my book and I am now formatting it to get it ready to be published. It's hard to find time to work on the book because even as wonderful as Paprika is, she requires constant attention. So, it's going slowly but surely, and I figure as long as I keep at it, it will be done eventually!

No comments: